6 Valuable Tips for Greater Security02/22/2014 Back To Blog
Most people know that garage door springs are very dangerous and they should be very careful when they are engaging in any repairs. Though, there are no innocent garage door parts and any one of them can inflict serious injuries. Don't forget that each mechanism does not consist only by tracks, cables and openers, but has many smaller parts that seem to be harmless; though, they are not. When it comes to such a heavy door and such a complicated mechanism, nothing must be taken for granted or assumed innocent, especially when you are doing garage door repair.
Follow 6 basic rules
* You must keep the area around the garage clean and you must never speed in the driveway because many accidents have occurred with cars crashing on the garage door. You might get injured and you will probably need to do garage door panel replacement, if the damage is great.
* You certainly love your new garage opener remote, which can open the door from far away, but don't activate the opener until you are close by. Intruders and small animals would have the chance to enter your garage, too.
* Don't park your car outside even if you are back at home for only half an hour. It is certainly a hassle taking the car in and out of the garage for such a limited time, but you will be securing your car better.
* Don't make the parts of the mechanism suffer. The experts of Garage Door Repair Surprise would recommend following the instructions of the manufacturers. If you must replace the springs in six or seven years, you should do it before they lose their flexibility and snap. If you keep them longer, you will be playing Russian roulette.
* Before you enter your home, make sure the garage door is properly closed and always lock the door in between.
* The garage is not an entertainment room. Keep the children away or under your protection and away from remote controls to ensure their safety.